Thursday, March 31, 2011

Steve Rajeff..."I'm coming for you !!"

For the last year I have been utterly obsessed with gaining more and more distance on my fly casts. A couple of days ago I picked up some SA Mastery series Expert Distance 120' fly line. I strung it up to my 9'-0" 5wt Liquid series prototype fly rod in hopes that when I hit that 90' mark I wouldn't have to deal with the tangled backing getting caught up in my guides. BOOM! After a few casts I sent one sailing to about the 105' range. Ha Ha!! Love it!! 20 more feet and I think I'll have a Chance. From here out it will be a slow go to get that extra distance. I think it will be possible to get that extra 20' this summer. I'll need to put in the time though. You can bet I will post if I ever hit this mark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment